Call to arrange your consultation: 405-360-9700

What to do after an accident with an uninsured motorist

People driving without insurance is a major problem in Oklahoma. In fact, it is estimated that 25 percent of people on Oklahoma\’s roads are driving without insurance. Many more people in Oklahoma are driving with only minimal insurance coverage.

Being involved in any sort of motor vehicle accident is stressful, but being involved in one with one of these underinsured or uninsured motorists can be even more so.

If you are one of these unlucky people, you are probably feeling angry and concerned over how you are going to pay for your property damage, any medical bills that you acquired or other costs relating to the accident.

The good news is that your own insurance company may compensate you for your financial losses, even if it was the other driver who was at fault for the accident. That’s because many people have what is called uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, even if they were not aware of it.

Your UM/UIM policy may cover your losses if you were involved in an accident with a negligent driver who is uninsured, or if the other driver left the scene of the accident (hit-and-run). It may also make up the difference in coverage if the other driver’s policy does not cover all of your damages.

However, you can’t trust that your insurance company will provide you with the maximum coverage that you deserve. Insurance companies commonly deny underinsured and uninsured motorist claims or refuse to give their policyholders the true value of their claims in order to save money.

Our firm knows how to hold insurance companies accountable for the true value that they owe to policyholders, and they know that we mean business. You can let your anger and stress over the accident recede after putting your case in our capable hands.